|Title||Milan, Museo Archeologico, studies of three marble panels by Agostino (il Bambaia) Busti (1483-1548)|
|Other Images||Modern Photo|
|Collection||Charles Rennie Mackintosh´s Northern Italian Sketchbook: Glasgow School of Art|
|Artist||Mackintosh, Charles Rennie|
Mackintosh has sketched details from a pilaster, which once formed part of the monument to the Birago family (1522), from the no longer extant Church of San Francesco Grande.
The Museo Archeologico was situated, at the time of Mackintosh's visit, on the ground floor of the Palazzo di Brera. The piece is displayed (2007) in the Salette Nere in the Museo d'Arte Antica in the Corte Ducale of the Castello Sforzesco.
|Inscription||Inscribed ‘MARBLE PANEL’, pencil|
|Subject||Milan; museums; interior; panels (ornament areas); pilasters; monuments; Renaissance; Public buildings; ornament; monuments & tombs|
|Rights||Glasgow School of Art|