<< Search Results
Bookmark and Share

 

Core Record

Title Milan, Sant’Alessandro, plan
Collection Charles Rennie Mackintosh´s Northern Italian Sketchbook: Glasgow School of Art
Artist Mackintosh, Charles Rennie
Description Sant'Alessandro, Piazza Sant'Alessandro, was erected in 1602 to the design of the Barnabite monk Lorenzo Binago (1554-1629). Despite showing little evidence of an interest in the Baroque throughout his Italian tour, Mackintosh was so impressed by the plan of this church, in which the nave, unusually, is dominated by a dome, that he drew it twice (see also p. 48).
Page Number 63a and 63b
Inscription Inscribed, with comments on other sites in the city in pencil [‘PADUA, /1.32/MILAN CATH VERY GOOD BUT RATHER /MODERN./OLD BUILDINGS IN PIA. DE MERCANT
Location Milan
Subject Milan; churches; plans (drawings); Baroque; Churches (interiors)
Measurements 160x185mm.
Rights Glasgow School of Art
 

 

 

about        contact        terms of use        image credits        © 2019