|Title||Georgicon Libri Quattuor|
|Collection||Central Saint Martins Museum and Study Collection|
|Id Number Current Accession||MIS.63|
|Id Number Current Repository||649536787|
|Location Creation Site||CSAC|
|Material||Red calf leather|
|Notes||Bookbinding classes were established under Douglas B. Cockerell in 1897. In 1905 it was followed by printing and typography headed by J.H. Mason of the Doves Press who was responsible for the revival of printing practice and standards and ran the Day Technical School for Printing Apprentices. Other members of the Doves Press joined him including Peter McLeish who took over Binding in 1907. The School of Book Production achieved an international reputation. Copyright holder: Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design Museum Collection.
For full bibliographic record see TALIS. Control number, y6744210; barcode, 11059095.
|Object Notes||Georgicon Libri Quattuor, Virgil. Cover: full bound in red calf. Single gilt fillet outer border on boards with centre border of gilt and blind stylised floral inlay. Five raised bands on spine with gilding.|
|Rights||University of the Arts London, Central Saint Martins Museum and Study Collection|