<< Search Results
Bookmark and Share

 

Core Record

Title A detailed sketch of Cambridge castle
Collection The Sir Henry Dryden Collection
Author/Creator Dryden, Henry E L
Date 05/1838
Description The original castle was built in 1068. The sketch shows only the gatehouse, in fact this was the only part standing by 1640, the rest having been demolished. Dryden recorded this just in time, in 1840 the gatehouse was demolished to build a new court house. [Dryden ascertained it was previously known as Lair-grant.]
Id Number Current Accession DR/04/122
Location Cambridgeshire
Location Current Repository Northamptonshire Central Library
Subject Cathedrals, Streets, Gatehouses and gateways, Gates, Lych gates
Object Notes Pencil 17cm x 25cm
Negative Reference MF R02 F215
Rights Northamptonshire Libraries and Information Service
Work Type Sketch
 

 

 

about        contact        terms of use        image credits        © 2019