<< Search Results
Bookmark and Share

 

Core Record

Title An engraving print and text relating to Greenstead church near Chipping Ongar
Collection The Sir Henry Dryden Collection
Author/Creator Dryden, Henry E L
Date c.1830
Description St. Andrew's church prior to restoration of 1846-48. Early manuscripts indicate the church was built as a shrine to receive the body of St. Edmund, King of the East Angles when it was conveyed from London to Bury St. Edmunds.
Id Number Current Accession DR/12/020
Location Essex
Location Current Repository Northamptonshire Central Library
Subject Towers, Church architecture, Religious buildings, Abbeys, Priories, Vernacular buildings, Traditional architecture, Doorways, Doors
Object Notes A page from a book,roughly trimmed with hand writing at the top.
Negative Reference MF R03 F481
Rights Northamptonshire Libraries and Information Service
Work Type Print
 

 

 

about        contact        terms of use        image credits        © 2019