|Title||The worshipful company of salters|
|Collection||Crafts Study Centre|
|Description||Panel depicting the heraldic arms of the Worshipful Company of Salters. Watercolour paints and gold on vellum.|
|Id Number Current Accession||C.95.6|
|Measurements||42 x 30 centimetres - Unframed measurement = 29 by 19.4 centimetres (height by width).|
|Material||watercolour on vellum|
|History||One of a series of the Armorial Bearings of the Guilds of London.
The shield is decorated in precious heraldic pigments. The 'party per chevron', or v-shaped design, is in azure (blue) and gules (red), the three covered, great salts are in argent (silver) decorated with or (gold) accents, and the salt pouring from both sides is in argent (silver). The armorial bearing was granted by Thomas Benult, Clarenceux, on 17 Novermber 1530.
For further details, see 'The Armorial Bearings of the Guilds of London' by John Bromley and Heather Child, Warne 1960.
|Rights Owner||Managed by the Crafts Study Centre.|
|Style Period Period||1960s|