Untitled (Signature, 1995)
© Christy Johnson
Courtesy of UCA Research Online
Building on the highly successful Kultur project, Kultivate will share and support the application of best practice in the development of institutional repositories that are appropriate to the specific needs and behaviours of creative and visual arts researchers.
The project has arisen out of user-needs discussed at meetings of the Kultur II group which consists of representatives from a number of institutions and other organisations. This community will continue to be open to new members, and to share and embed expertise about arts research deposit across the arts, repositories, and JISC communities.
The Kultivate project is funded by the JISC Information Environment programme until the 23rd December 2011 and is based at the Visual Arts Data Service, a research centre at the University for the Creative Arts.
Kultivate Project Team(all project staff are based at the University for the Creative Arts, Farnham campus)
- Project Sponsor - Rosemary Lynch, Head of Library and Learning Services, University Librarian
- Project Director - Leigh Garrett, Director of the Visual Arts Data Service (VADS)
- Project Manager - Marie-Therese Gramstadt, VADS Projects Officer
- Technical Manager - Carlos Silva, VADS Planning and Development Manager
- EPrints Services - Timothy Miles-Board - http://www.eprints.org/services/
- Technical Developer - James Snyder, VADS Software Developer (21st March - 31st August 2011)
- Researcher - Amy Robinson, VADS Collections Manager (22nd November 2010 - 31st July 2011)
- Project Officer - Anne Spalding, Repository and Digitisation Officer, UCA Research Online (22nd November 2010 - 31st July 2011)
Kultivate Advisory GroupThe Kultivate Advisory Group consists of members from the Kultur II Group as well as the following co-opted members:
- Centre for e-Research at King's College - Gareth Knight, Digital Curation Specialist
- JISC - Balviar Notay, Programme Manager Information Environment
- JISC Digital Media - Stephen Gray, Manager Project CAiRO
- University of Southampton (KeepIT project) - Leslie Carr, Senior Lecturer and EPrints Software Technical Director
- University College London (MERLIN project) - Elizabeth Lawes, Subject Librarian: Fine Art, History of Art and Film Studies, and Erica McLaren, Assistant Librarian
- Repositories Support Project (RSP) - Jacqueline Wickham, Open Access Adviser
- RunCoCo at the University of Oxford - Alun Edwards, Project Manager