|Collection||Central Saint Martins Museum and Study Collection|
|Id Number Current Accession||MIS.65|
|Id Number Current Repository||368993359|
|Location Creation Site||CSAC|
Bookbinding classes were established under Douglas B. Cockerell in 1897. In 1905 it was followed by printing and typography headed by J.H. Mason of the Doves Press who was responsible for the revival of printing practice and standards and ran the Day Technical School for Printing Apprentices. Other members of the Doves Press joined him including Peter McLeish who took over Binding in 1907. The School of Book Production achieved an international reputation. Copyright holder: Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design Museum Collection.
For full bibliographic record see TALIS. Control number, y6747102; barcode, 11061979. See also MIS.117.
|Object Notes||Diversoria, Inns, Erasmus. Full bound in limp parchment. Double gilt fillet borders, gilt lettering on spine, blue ties threaded round binding.
Instructors: J.H. Mason, J.W. Wright, J.J. Andron.
|Rights||University of the Arts London, Central Saint Martins Museum and Study Collection|