|Collection||Central Saint Martins Museum and Study Collection|
|Id Number Current Accession||MIS.58.1|
|Id Number Current Repository||921667327|
|Location Creation Site||CSAC|
|Material||Brown leather bound.|
Bookbinding classes were established under Douglas B. Cockerell in 1897. In 1905 it was followed by printing and typography headed by J.H. Mason of the Doves Press who was responsible for the revival of printing practice and standards and ran the Day Technical School for Printing Apprentices. Other members of the Doves Press joined him including Peter McLeish who took over Binding in 1907. The School of Book Production achieved an international reputation. Copyright holder: Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design Museum Collection.
MIS.58 has three images MIS.58.1-3. For full bibliographic record see TALIS; control number, Y6747585; barcode, 11061316 and 11062045.
Talis bar code: 11062045;
|Object Notes||Lucian's Dream. Cover Binding: brown leather bound; border (circular shape at corners) incorporating gilt and blind tooling and 'dot' decoration; 5 raised bands with gilt fillet compartments and lettering on spine. Instructors: J.H. Mason & J.W. Wright.|
|Rights||University of the Arts London, Central Saint Martins Museum and Study Collection|