On Friday 10th December the Repositories Support Project (RSP) held an event providing an update about developments with Open Access: http://www.rsp.ac.uk/events/open-access-the-impact-for-libraries-and-librarians/
Some of the key points I took away from the event were:
- Christine Middleton, University of Nottingham – no matter how much advertising you do – there is always room for more – advocacy, advocacy, advocacy!
- Susan Ashworth, University of Glasgow, talking about Enlighten’s mini-REF feature http://www.gla.ac.uk/media/media_178993_en.pdf
- 5,168,453 units to be added to Europeana portal in the next 2 yrs but this figure only includes 1200 film/video clips & 848,078 images http://www.europeana.eu/portal/
- Paul Ayris talking about the concept of an ‘invisible college’ re: DART-Europe http://www.dart-europe.eu/About/info.php
- Bill Hubbard on Open Access: “repositories offer control, authority, transparency and commercial clarity”